The Tome of Rassilon

Friday, October 21, 2005

WHEEL……OF………FORTUNE!!!! Not really ;)

Today I would like to talk about the lottery. To start off, I will freely admit I play the lottery. Each week, I pay $2 (whoaaaaaa! Big money there my ol' son ;) to play the Super 7 lottery, which, if any of the Americans I sent this to don’t know is a lottery where you have to choose 7 numbers out of 49 and if you match all 7 you win the jackpot which is a minimum of $2, 000, 000.

There are several ways of seeing things: Some people see it as an idiot tax. You pay money and get nothing back. Personally, I see it as a license to dream. For that $2 (occasionally $4 if the jackpot is like $20, 000, 000 or more) I can dream what I would do if that money was mine (THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO USE THE COMMENTS FOR A "MAKE BIG MONEY FAST BY CHECKING OUT THIS WEBSITE, I DID !" PIECE OF SPAM) I can tell you from a start, this lone traveler would definitely get back into traveling. I haven't seen anyplace new and it's about time I did. I would also get back in touch with old companions and friends as well as taking the time to mend a few bridges that I have tried to let a few oceans pass under (how's that for a mixed metaphor, hmmm?) The motivating force for the traveling would probably be a lack of desire to have every one that normally would not give me the time of day calling to become my best friend (mind you, if they are hot, I will allow them to make the attempt ;). As stupid as it sounds, that kind of coin could help solve a lot of problems and right more than a few wrongs from my past and maybe even help me right a few wrongs from my future as well.

So that’s it for this week. I'll be back on Monday and hopefully the caffeine will have taken effect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home