The Tome of Rassilon

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Beep! Beep! Zip! Tang!

I’m not usually the type to comment on current affairs. I figure there are more than enough people out there that are just eager to do so. In yesterday’s news however something came up which kind of compels me to comment on it. Today I want to discuss photo radar.

The thing that caught my attention was that when a gentleman was asked his opinion on the subject he was opposed to it because "It’s an invasion of my rights." To which I replied watching this, "huh?" As I see it, you are out in public interacting with other citizens and if you are breaking the law and are filmed doing so you should get ticketed or arrested or whatever is appropriate.

If I were suddenly to go into the City Centre and start masturbating like someone was going to take it away and someone took a video or photographed me with a camera which gives the date and time, I would expect to be arrested or fined or whatever even if I got the summons several weeks later. I would have broken the law and been presented with the proof. Apparently, I have been informed that in Quebec that the ticket is supposed to be handed to the lawbreaker. Honestly, I don’t really see the difference. Either way if it is immediate or mailed to the person, the first thing they are going to say is that they weren’t speeding.

There are a great many people who I believe think that the Grand Prix is run year round and on city streets. If you want a driver’s permit prove you deserve it and obey the rules of the road not just those you think should apply to you otherwise they catch you, one way or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home