The Tome of Rassilon

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Temporal Instability

Every time that I start one of these (every time? This like what? My fifth entry) I keep saying to myself "Today`s topic is..." followed by Rick Moranis' voice saying "Back Bacon and uh, snow chains". Just one of the bonuses of watching a lot of SCTV with The Great White North when I was younger.

Actually age is my subject today...I think....No, it is...Yeah, that's it. You may have noticed that I don't happen to mention my age in here and in general I don't mention it. Even when I am directly asked I have to think about it because I don't think of myself in those terms. Generally, when I am asked my age, I tell people the truth. "I am older than I was and younger than I will be." Despite general opinion though, it's not vanity which prompts this answer, it's pre-conceived notions.

I have found that when you actually tell people what year you were born in there tends to be a lot of "Well you were there for that" or when referring to a person or trend it's "That was cool. What were they like when you first saw them." In that case, I am thinking more of musical groups doing comebacks and that sort of thing.

I prefer to be accepted for my own ideas and not just have it assumed that I will have certain opinions or preferences based on my period of existence. Each person is a unique being. In all of the Universe (even if a multiverse does exist) throughout all time. Each person and their experiences are specific to them and should not be assumed. This is not just a temporal thing but all sorts of things are pre-concieved in our interactions with each other.

I guess that's it for today. I'm not as insightful as I thought at the moment. I guess the coffee hasn' t taken effect yet. Maybe if I pour it down my pants. Nah, I'll save that for if things get drastic.



P.S. The Village People were NEVER cool! That's today's message.

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Take off eh.
    like i found a mouse in my beer one day eh.
    I prefere to tell people how many days old I am, rather than the standard simple years reply. This allows two things to accure. First it force the the person who asked the question to actually calculate and opens a whole new twist to the conversation and secondly it reminds me that life must be lived on a daily basis.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never remember how old I am. I just don't care and it has no bearing on how I perceive myself or others. It's all how i feel and today, that's at least 100 with this darn cold.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it may not a bearing on the way your percieve people, but I find that a little unlikley, I would however effect how most of the population see you. Your bang on when you say it's how I feel and today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home