The Tome of Rassilon

Monday, September 19, 2005

Or are you just pleased to see me

This is a post I have kind of been looking forward to. It is dealing with my friends. All 4 of them. Yes, I said 4 and I am proud of the fact. When I use the term friend, it means something. It's not something easy to attain and not something I take lightly when someone I know has earned the privilege.

I have a great many buds, pals, associates, acquaintances, companions and the like which I consider as different levels of access to me but those I consider friends are people I would give a lung to (for a transplant, not as a Christmas gift ;) As I have said previously, I am not planning to name names in this blog and this goes for this entry especially as I don't want to alienate anyone with my words, but I think those four people already know who they are.

As well, there are those in exclusive categories which are outside definition. Lovers, for example. Not that that group is exactly a legion but at the same time, I have tried to retain a specific aspect of those I have been intimate with in honor of those special women. It's where I cultivated my interest in art and Kate Bush music. It's what has motivated me to try and express myself through writing. It has taught me that the world exists beyond the distance of my visual range and that I need to explore that restriction. It's where I started to learn cooking something a bit more complex than a Swanson TV dinner and it's where I learned to enjoy drinking beer...Well, maybe it hasn't ALL been 100% positive.

I suppose that with my friends there is a bit of coveting that goes on because they each have some qualities that I would like to see more of in myself and maybe by hanging around them, I suppose that some of it will rub off. At the same time, I do realize that like everyone they have faults as well but the good far, far outweighs any possible bad.

So yeah, I have just four friends but in those four friends I feel that I have something special, something invaluable. I won't cheapen it by calling just anyone a friend because I can't think of anything else to call them. They deserve my respect and it's freely given.

Then there are those, I just want to jump their bones. But I digress...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home