The Tome of Rassilon

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Gosh Mr. George Bailey, isn`t it a wonderful life?

I thought I might start off today's entry (after several days away form blogging) with a quote that might help kind of explain things
Every great decision creates ripples, like a huge boulder dropped into a lake.
The ripples merge, rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways. The heavier the
decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences.


To a certain extent, I’d like to think of myself as the fulcrum that helped move that boulder that I may have helped people make their decisions or helped change things for the better but I am wondering if I HAVE changed things for the better or for the worse or if I have made any changes at all.

Recently, my bestest friend commented that when I was asked how things were going, I was commenting on news in everyone else’s as opposed to my own. I am wondering if that is because a part of me is trying to define itself by interactions with others to try and define a purpose in my life and theirs. (It’s amazing what you come up with before the first shot of the ol’ Java jolt)Really, I suppose this is something that everyone goes through in their lives, the age old question as to what is my purpose here?

This is obviously something I won’t be able to come up with an answer for in just one blog entry. It is something that is definitely going to take some time, if I ever find an answer. I would like to think that I follow the hypocratic oath’s premise of doing no harm but at the same time even a plague of locusts or a volcano, though seeming to be something horrible can have beneficial after effects. Don’t worry, I’m not going to become a mad scientist or even a cow tipper. It’s just the idea that everything isn’t black or white but at the end of the day you do have to account for your actions and I wonder on which side I will be considered as being on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home