The Tome of Rassilon

Monday, September 26, 2005

Cloudbursting

Today's post title comes courtesy of Kate Bush. I was introduced to her music in the mid-80s by a very special someone. I chose it today as it seemed somewhat fitting.

It is a grey and rainy morning with rain scheduled to continue until about tomorrow morning and it somewhat matches my mood. Since about Friday I have been old and pointless. Just going through the motions because it's something to do. It was author Steve Englehart who once wrote, "My world goes a little crazy sometimes." Okay, so he was writing about Batman and I'm not being inundated by Joker fish but the sentiment is relevant. I was talking to my best friend last Friday evening when she pointed out that the news I was relaying was about others and when it came to my news, there wasn't much to tell. I think this is in part from an observation that another bud of mine made that I do tend to repeat myself. This is true not only in conversation but also in my life in general. I tend to get involved with the same type of people time and again and as a result, my life goes through the same cycles. I have to start thinking outside the cliched box. I tend to be stuck in the past because I know the territory so well ;).

This, I think, is because when I try to make changes they are seldom accepted by others. For example, all I have to do is to try and show appreciation for someone (ex. pick up something that they may have mentioned their kid was looking for or just a flower on a sunny day) and immediately it is decided that my life can't go on without my trying to get into their panties. I really don't think I have accomplished much in today's entry. Well, there's always Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home