The Tome of Rassilon

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Tell me honestly, do I look fat in this blog?

Sorry I’m late today. I just had a blast of originality and inspiration in my screenplay that I have been working on over the past year. I believe I mentioned it before. It deals with an amnesiac who…nah, I better not give too much away. Suffice it to say that it has it all. Sex, violence, emotion and I have (for the most part) avoided the standard clichés. I haven’t as yet completed the script but I already have someone lined up for the male lead, the tougher part will be finding the actress as the film will require one or two scenes of male and female nudity and finding someone comfortable in their skin is tough whatever the sex.

This brings me to today’s topic which is personal acceptance of physical appearance. This is a subject I really shouldn't talk too much about as if there is anyone who is less accepting of their physical appearance than myself, I haven't met them. I tend to think that I have looks that would make Dr. Doom have a case of the heaves. This may seem like a contradiction of terms but although I KNOW that is not the case, it FEELS quite often like it is which is ironic when women are normally known for a problem with physical and body image. And I know for a fact that nothing drives me crazier than a beautiful woman who talks about how unattractive she is. I have known more than my fair share. There was a woman who I mentioned in a previous entry who has a hubby that basically just can't keep it in his pants and she is always at the gym or doing something to beautify herself to keep his interest. (Okay, I'm infatuated with her but it's just physical and besides the point for the purpose of this discussion:)

Personally I prefer a woman with a few flaws. I wouldn’t want a supermodel type. I mean, who needs that kind of pressure and as to the weight thing. Gimme some meat on them bones and some junk in the trunk I would like to know that if I go to hug someone, odds are that I won't miss ;). That being said, I do tend to shy away from someone who has to bathe themselves with a rag on a stick. As a counterpoint I don't tend to like women who are large breasted. I think that is probably due to some that I have been involved with in the past. Not that large breasted women tend to be excessively heavy but I think I am digressing from my original point by trying to lay down covering apologies.

Well, that's today's meal of food for thought. Bon Appetit. ;)

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bathe themselves with a rag on a stick. Never heard that one before.

    I have absolutely no problem with a supermodel. Actually I suggest getting one for your movie as I believe this will inspire the male lead to act naturally. I believe Brando called it method acting. I refer to it as instinct.
    I know the right answer about beauty is it's from within. I admit that in this one particular instance, I am shallow. I could never have a sexual relation ship with a women that I am not physically attracted to, and junk in the trunk does not appeal to me. Now a super model is not a prerequisite, but basic standards are a necessity. Personality is then to be discovered after the initial attraction. Then we see if there is any chemistry. I have not yet, in my middle age, ever had the opposite happen, that is, met an ( what I consider ) unattractive women with the most amazing personality, and became sexually attracted to her. Call me shallow and I agree. But that my take on physical beauty. If I see a beautiful flower, I stop and take a second look, even if it poisonous.

    Mr Shallow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home