The Tome of Rassilon

Friday, October 07, 2005

Lie down. I think I love you ;)

I was thinking last night how I would like to be a father. That being said, I think I’ll have to find a woman willing to sleep with me first (I’m old-fashioned that way ;). The reason this came up was because I was talking to a friend about an old companion of mine and how she has lost interest in her children. Well that may be a bit unfair, it was more to the extent that she tends to put herself before her children which seems to be a bit of a trend but I don’t want this to be a bitch session about her (my ex-companion not my friend).

There are times I do tend to be a bit over responsible but when it comes to having and raising a child I feel that’s a definite plus. When you have a child, that child should be one of the main focuses of your life, not something that you look into when you don’t have anything else on the go or ‘King of Queens’ is a rerun that night. There are sacrifices that have to be made from time to time because of this, but anything worth having requires sacrifice and sorry to say but it can be a life time sacrifice but anyone I have talked to that has kids that loves their kids will tell you it’s worth it.

My big concern if I DID become a parent is that I wouldn’t be able to balance things. I am afraid that either I would let the kid get away with murder (hopefully, I would be speaking figuratively) or the kid would be constantly grounded because I would always be grounding him or her. On the other hand, I suppose the fact that I would worry about that would help keep me grounded. And as I mentioned earlier, at the very least, I would be paying attention to the kid which would put me ahead of others out there.

Just to clear up one point this morning, before I go. Adoption is a great thing and if I knew that I could support someone besides myself I would definitely consider it as an option however my first choice would be a child created with myself and someone that I care about deeply and I would love that child just as much as one I had from my own gene structure. Well, I have a short weekend so I suppose that I should dismount that high horse I am on at the moment and think of what to talk about on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home