The Tome of Rassilon

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Curiousity killed the cat, regeneration brought it back

For those of you not fortunate to spend an evening at the movies last night, I died. No, I didn’t give a bad performance; I had my brains splattered on the floor and then was fried up and eaten by my killer. Well there’s a cheery start to a blog entry for a Thursday morning ;)

This does, however, lead me into my topic for today, life after death. NOW, before you all start thinking, ‘Man, another Jesus Freak!’ I want to clarify my statement. I do not have any strong faith one way or another with respect to God as described by the church. I do believe that there must be some sort of higher authority but I’m not egotistical enough to say that I KNOW what it is. ACTUALLY, what I wanted to discuss is the idea of reincarnation. I do tend to think that it is possible and that we are each eons old. I tend to see it the scientific way : people tend to refer to their souls often as their life force or some other form of energy and science talks about energy not being created or destroyed just changing shape but just as with a lot of energy flows there are peaks and valleys. I personally think that I am in a bit of a valley in this persona. There is an aspect of me that feels like an ancient soul. Like I have seen all of this before and a certain disinterest. This also might have something to do with the patronizing attitude that I can sometimes give to people, the "accept the word of one who knows" that I come off with from time to time. This also can somewhat account for the sense of having been in certain places before when I know in this life that I haven’t.

Existentialism is always fun on Thursday mornings isn’t it? If I have been reincarnated I hope it’s not from some famous historical figure. That puts a fair amount of pressure to live up to your last life, doesn’t it? Well, that’s it for today. I’ll try and come up with some worthwhile reading for tomorrow to start the weekend off right. Later all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home