The Tome of Rassilon

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bouncing Boy (I couldn't land on just one subject)

There is something depressing about birthdays after a certain point. I don't know about anyone else but after you reach the age of about 10 or 12 the excitement level drops. I mean, do you remember how excited you were as a kid with the idea that you MIGHT receive something like a Hot Wheels track, an album (really showing my age here) or a video game for some of you younger gens. Something changes though when if you want something and you can just go out and buy it for yourself. I miss the adrenalin/endorphin levels that came with youth. I can't say what I really want for my birthday but I do know I won't be getting it. I won't get into detail but the phrase "C'mon honey, I promise to use lots of lube." might have come up in the conversation ;)

My big excitement (payday still being three days away) is watching Fort Boyard while chomping down on the butterscotch ripple ice cream I bought last night and maybe putting a few more rows on my scarf (I'm still only at 10 and a half feet.). I suppose the mood today is in part due to the dark grey weather in the area. Part of it might be guilt though as well because I forgot someone on my first-string romantic interests. At least that part I can fix.

This is again when I was living in London Ontario lo, those many years ago. At the country club that I was working at, there was this woman that I was working with that I palled around with and I went to a couple of movie premieres with. Well she had a daughter who was about 22 or so that worked once in a while at the country club as well. She was also a winning contestant in some Hawaiian Tropic contest and well deserved the title. We also occasionally went out for a movie. Before you get the wrong idea, my hanging out with her mom was not a romantic thing. No Springer episodes in the making here. Anywho, me and the daughter hung out for a time and while there wasn't anything between us explicitly romantic, the possibility was there. Well maybe not, she could do better than me with a concussion and half blind. I still have a picture of her from a fashion show that is almost 20 years old at this point.

I realize that today's entry is a bit self-pitying but then again you never know what to expect from this blog do you? I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home