The Tome of Rassilon

Friday, October 14, 2005

And now a word from our sponsors ;)

Something happened yesterday which inspired today’s blog entry. I had a response which made me realize that sometimes what I put down here can be misinterpreted so today is kind of a "viewer mail" Well….that and I had a couple of other thoughts for today’s entry but they were really on the weak side ;).

First off, going back to September 19th, my entry on ‘Princess’ and the fact that I now find myself paying attention to the wrong body parts when I talk to her. I whole heartedly agree that guilt is mostly a wasted emotion but at the same time I feel that almost everyone is worthy of my respect and to deny it based on a physicality that I seem unable to ignore is wrong. At this point, I am maintaining the complete professional persona when I interact with her.

Secondly, on the idea of how the physical appearance can effect interactions (which after the other entry I just commented on makes me realize this is a trend in my life) well, I contacted the respondent in question and I think the way I put it there might clear things up for everyone, also if this was misinterpreted I would like to consider this an apology to the woman in question.
The point I was making was simply that I am not immune to a person’s physicality
just as the woman who was frightened of me couldn’t get past mine. I do realize
that she has needs like anyone else and I also realize that her husband is cool
with her appearance and I think that’s great as well. I just meant it especially
in this context as an example of how shallow I can be at times. I realize that
it is what on the inside not the outside that is important and as I mentioned we
got along great during my time at XXXXXXXXXXXXX. It was not meant as a shot
against her quite the opposite, it was a shot against me. Also, I’m a guy we
ALWAYS think about doing it (just kidding ;)


Next, this is less of a response than a comment and I am probably shouting at the world on this one. This is a blog, not a bulletin board for other websites. If you enjoy a website or work for one, get your own blog and promote it up the wazoo if you want (I am trying to keep this all ages, remember) but I would prefer you not do it here. If I find one I like, I do try and let people know about it but that again is because it’s my blog. AT THE SAME TIME, I don’t want to scare anyone away from commenting on this blog. I really appreciate the feedback I get and look forward to more in the future. If you agree with things I say, I’d like to know. If you think I’m being a real knob, I’d like to know. It’s only with fresh points of view that I feel that I grow as a person…Man! That sounds so Dr. Phil, doesn’t it. I better get back to my coffee y’all. See you next week.

Oh, I almost forgot. Hi Marie-Helene. *Wave*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home