The Tome of Rassilon

Thursday, April 27, 2006

In a little while from now, if I`m not feeling any less sour

As always also available at http://www.tagworld.com/Rassilon

Well, I have once again become a lone traveler. Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to mislead. I haven’t actually come across a new mode of transportation or anything. I was speaking in a bit more philosophical sense. You know, the whole "On the road of life there are passengers and there are drivers" kind of thing (Oh great, now Volkswagon is going to sue my ass, just what I need ;) Actually what I was referring to is that over the past couple of months I have had a bit of a whirlwind romance that has been going on for about 20 years. It’s a long story which I may get into some time.

ANYWAYS, the point of this is that I am once again a solo act, an unattached male, a close personal friend of my right hand…wait scratch that last one. Quite honestly, at this point I am considering visiting pet stores and comparing the prices of cats. I really have no one to blame for my present and some may say constant state of affairs. Over the years, I have been distancing myself more and more from deeper emotions. As interest in me has dwindled over time my aloofness and emotional distance has increased. Don’t worry though, I am not planning to start using phrases like "Logical, Captain." or "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one." I have just gotten to the point where, and this is a personal quote of mine, "I have been burned so much that the movie studios are looking at me to play The Human Torch in Fantastic Four 2". As an interesting counterpoint, I do tend to be a much more sociable animal than I have been in the past and quite happy to play the fool if it will get a laugh.

So what have we learned here today class? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Sorry, I have just been seeing Ben Stein on TV a lot lately. Basically, we have learned that I can whine and cry like a schoolgirl with a skinned knee when life doesn’t work out like you plan it and that when push comes to shove I can become a cold hard place in existence looking out over the world.
Next episode: Why I would make a good super-villain
(tentively)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home