The Tome of Rassilon

Monday, December 05, 2005

Happy Aniversary Baby, got you on my mind.

So how was your weekend, hmmm? Mine was a bit odd but I expected it to be because it included December the third. Now you are probably scratching you noggin saying huh? December 3, 1984 is a very special date for me and I will explain why (as well as why I quoted the lyrics of the Little River Band).

You recall the young woman I have now mentioned on several occasions that I met in London but is originally from Guyana. December 3 is the date of our first meeting. I won’t bore you with the details again as I mentioned them in previous posts (most detailed in "Hello I love you won’t you tell me your name" ). To commemorate the date of our first meeting, whenever it is possible (ie. If I have any cash ) I go out and buy a couple of bottles of blueberry wine which she enjoyed and we had over several candlelit suppers together and drink until it is all gone.

I realize that it is somewhat self abusive but I just can’t give up the thought and the memories of her. Now don’t get me wrong. I am not some sort of stalker and planning to show up on her doorstep with an engagement ring but she will always be a part of my heart and it will always be a special time of my life. There are times like this when I wonder if I will ever be more than a child in the body of an adult because holding on to something like this year in and year out is somewhat akin to a child refusing to give up a favourite toy. Of course as someone else pointed out, "There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t be childish from time to time". Later all and as always comments are not just welcomed they are encouraged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home