The Tome of Rassilon

Monday, November 28, 2005

All touch but no contact

I made an observation about my life yesterday. I realized that it has been well over a year since I have actually had physical contact with a human being outside of a handshake. I am the real life version of Rogue from the X-men except without the cool hairstyle and powers but I do have a gut which dwarfs her breasts in size so I suppose it’s an even trade-off.

You may ask how I got to this point. Really, it’s okay. Ask. I gave you permission. Because quite honestly I don’t know. I suppose it is a side effect from distancing myself from others. Maybe it is near toxic levels of B.O. but I doubt that one. I do shower or bathe once every 24 to 36 hours. Just so I don’t give anyone the wrong impression here, when I talk of human physical contact I am not necessarily talking about intercourse but simply even a kiss be it on the lips or the cheek or a hug (and no! Strippers don’t count ;).

It is interesting just how much we take our sense of touch for granted. At this point, I know that I have but I think I am now a better person for it. It has given me a better appreciation for things that happen day to day that you don’t notice. Like brushing your hand against that special person’s cheek or holding hands. When I was in my 20s, eons ago, I always thought that couples that held hands looked so dopey (of course later, in my first and only real relationship some might argue I carried my love in my arms for a block just to show I could). And to think, originally my topic was going to be a laundry list of "women I would do, given a chance". Not really, but I had you going there for a minute didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home