The Tome of Rassilon

Monday, November 21, 2005

What the HELL was I thinking?

Hi again all. Well to update things a bit here, last weekend I went to a reunion of some of my ex-co-workers which leads into the title for today’s blog entry, ‘What the hell was I thinking?’ First off, I just want to state that I don’t have anything against any of, well most of those people, but quite honestly besides having worked with them I really have nothing in common with them. Basically, it ended up that I went to chat for about 30 minutes, blow $20 and feast on some of the eye candy available.

I did, in true John form, manage to place both of my size 12s in down to my trachea. I was not aware that one of my co-workers had been battling cancer and having gotten my hair cut extremely short that day, I told her that I thought that the barber had gotten a bit close on me but damn! She was cool with it but I still felt like a complete tool. Mind you the aforementioned eye candy did help make up for things although I have decided that one of them I will have nothing to do with basically because each time I try to talk to her it ends up being about as warm as a friendly chat with this computer. I wouldn’t say she is distant but I think SETI would have an easier time having a heart to heart with this woman. I don’t even know why I thought it would be that important to go. I think that over all I place far too much importance on the opinions of others and not enough time trusting my own instincts. I suppose I should take my own advice as such about maintaining friends, buds, pals, associates, companions etc. and treat them with the appropriate respect and consideration but no more than is necessary. I realize it sounds cold and heartless but hey, it’s that kind of world. Not the most heart warming sentiment to start the week off but maybe it’ll pick up as the week goes on

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home