The Tome of Rassilon

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

There she was just a' ridin' down the street...

You know how people sometimes are worried about becoming their parents? This doesn't worry me too much. I mean they are pretty good people so really no worries on that front, no, what I am worried about is becoming a past companion of mine.Quite some time in my past, when I was working as a dishwasher in a country club, I had this bud who was a real "chick chaser". He came in one day and told everybody he had fallen in love with this woman he had met on the bus just 20 minutes ago.

This is where I have the problem. Where I work, I am supposed to be there by 8:00 a.m. so to make sure I get to work on time, I take the bus from my place at about 6:45 so that not only am I early but I am also not crowded in by the students who take the bus. When I take the bus, there are maybe 10 people on it. Now one of these people is one of those pre-packaged women. When I say this, I mean the type that has the dyed blonde hair, the maintained tan, and the make-up like she is going out to a movie premiere and often the wardrobe to match. THIS is what I can't figure out: This woman is NOTHING like the sort of woman I prefer but I still find her eye-catchingly attractive.

Now speaking on a purely physical level, the sort of woman I find attractive is medium build, a very natural look (I mean that make-up is okay but try and keep it from looking like you have put a few HOURS work into it), long hair (preferably red or brunette) and clothed in something that doesn't try to put everything you have on display (ex. a bustier that puts your nipples up around your neck). Why don't I just go full out and start chasing Dolly Parton, I mean she has the full package doesn't she, the rack, the blonde hair, caked on make-up and well okay she has widened into a real woman's figure as oppposed to just top-heavy. I know, I know, it's odd but I don't find what is societally considered beautiful to be my definition of beautiful but at the same time, someone who does fall into those parameters does get my juices flowing. I guess I am just a mass of contradictions.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, November 28, 2005 1:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you just concerned that , as your bus journey only lasts for 15 minutes, you dont have time to get to work, having fallen in love with someone 20 mins earlier? Or do you feel that falling in love 15 minutes earlier is somehow more ....er... shallow?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home